Innovative Family Dentistry in Plant City
Every family understands the importance of oral health, especially for their children and teens. At the practice of Michael S. Mathews, DMD, we are dedicated to providing high-quality dental care for your entire family. Besides our thorough diagnosis and ultra-modern restorative procedures, we offer preventive care, oral health education, and cosmetic dentistry.
Our compassionate and personalized approach to oral health ensures your satisfaction and a great experience every time you visit. Every family member is treated with respect. We capture every detail about your family health history so we can better diagnose and treat each individual. Schedule an appointment today to experience quality family dentistry in Plant City!
CALL US: (813) 754-3794 REQUEST APPOINTMENT
Expert Dentistry for Kids & Teens
Keeping your family's oral health on track requires routine check-ups, cleanings, and other preventive services. At our dental practice, we focus on monitoring your child's oral health starting at age 12. We are right next door to a pediatric dentist and an orthodontist for your convenience. We collaborate to ensure treatment is provided early enough to avoid future complications. Our services for kids and teens include:
- Cleanings: Regular professional cleanings remove any plaque or tartar deposits from your child's teeth, helping to prevent tooth decay. We recommend cleanings twice a year to supplement daily brushing and flossing.
- Fillings: In the case of cavities, we can remove the decay and place a high-quality filling to minimize the chances of further damage.
- Fluoride Treatments: Fluoride treatments slow the growth of cavities and help reduce the risks of developing more. It strengthens the enamel to prevent the need for complex dental work in the future.
- Sealants: If your child has a tooth that is vulnerable to decay, we can apply sealants to create a barrier that keeps food and bacteria from building up on the enamel.
- Simple Extractions: If a tooth is badly damaged and there are no other treatment options left, we may suggest a dental extraction. This treatment will prevent decay from moving to other teeth.
In addition to preventive treatments, our team monitors your child's dental development and educates them about dental hygiene, routine maintenance, and proper diet. We also offer after-hours emergency appointments to resolve dental concerns as quickly as possible.
Comprehensive Care for Adults & Seniors
Family dentistry in Plant City is about personalizing dental services to suit every member of the family. As we age, it is common to need more frequent examinations and procedures. We discuss all your options with you to find the best approach to your care. Nitrous oxide is available if you experience anxiety during your treatments.
For adults and seniors, we offer the following services:
- Cleanings & Exams: Regular dental cleanings and exams are part of oral hygiene best practices. Besides keeping your oral health in check, it allows our dentist to look at what's going on with your smile and catch issues like cavities and gingivitis early.
- Periodontal Care: To clean bacteria from around your teeth and below the gums, we offer scaling and root planing. By removing plaque and tartar, this treatment eliminates the bacteria that cause gum disease and helps maintain better overall oral health.
- Restorations: Some of our dental procedures help restore damaged or missing teeth. We will recommend each treatment based on your unique concerns. Some of the options available include crowns, bridges, dentures, and dental implant restorations.
- Nightguards: If you struggle with teeth grinding (bruxism) or temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorder, we offer custom mouthguards for pain relief and help treat the conditions.
No matter what condition your dental health is in now, we can provide what you need to achieve a healthy, beautiful smile. We don't push treatment on you and always take the time to present all your options. If you need oral surgery or a complex extraction, we have a close network of specialists we partner with to bring you the best dental care possible.
Trusted Family Dentistry in Plant City
Trust, personalized care, and mutual understanding are at the heart of family dentistry. At the practice of Michael S. Mathews, DMD, we focus on education, quality, and consistency to prevent oral health complications before they occur. Our team has been together for many years and works in unison to deliver treatment that meets your family’s goals and budget.
Our services are customized for children from ages 12 and up and adults. Our team stays current with new techniques and technologies to bring exceptional dental care to you and your family. Contact our family dentist in Plant City today!
CALL US: (813) 754-3794 REQUEST APPOINTMENT